Friday, October 24, 2008

The Animal Fairy Pays Tribute to The WI Humane Society




Yesterday I toured the WI Humane Society and was able to meet some of the wonderful puppies from the Puppy Haven project.  
What a wonderful experience to see these dogs get a second chance.   It was really neat... I spent some time with 5 little pups that were as cute as could be.  These guys/girls are up for adoption and I urge all of you to take a look.
As I toured the facilities, I couldn’t get my mind off of Emma.  Emma is a 3 year old beagle that stood in a corner just shaking....she had the most sad and frightened eyes...
I asked Beth if she would allow me to go inside Emma’s suite and reach out to Emma?  Beth was more than happy to open Emma’s door and allowed me to get acquainted.
When my tour was over, I drove back to the office and thought about where would Emma and all the others be without the folks at the WI Humane Society?
As the day came to an end, I went to bed and thought about Emma all night.  I contacted the WI Humane Society today see if she was still there....  Lucky for Emma... someone adopted her last night.
Emma’s story is a fairy tale ending...  I can only hope the same ending for the others.  
As our country experiences one of the worst economies in our history, I will continue to dream about a Country that won't forget about their animals.   Without folks like Beth Maresh and the staff of volunteers at the WI Humane Society, where would our animals be???
To learn more about the WI Humane Society and how you can help, click here. The WI Humane Society

No comments: